NBSC Boat Fitting course how to fit out a boat or do a major boat refit
This Boat Fitting course is aimed at two types of people. Either those who are contemplating fitting out a sail-away or those who are doing a major refit to an existing boat.
Please note that on a 2 day course its impossible to completely cover every topic in any depth that might be needed to completely fit out a sailaway. Therefore the course will be tailored (as much as possible) to cover those areas requested by the attendees from the list below:
- BSC and RCD schemes and how they affect you
- Initial steps, battening, insulation and ballast
- Overall layout and design
- Electrical systems, design and installation.
- Gas and gas appliances
- Hot and cold water systems, design and installation
- Stoves and heating systems, choosing and installing
- Toilets, types, installation, grey and black water systems
- Engine installation and fuel systems
- Basic woodworking techniques.
To give you a little more information on typical course content we have expanded the Electrical and Plumbing topics below:
- Basic electrical theory, volts, amps, watts and resistance.
- Calculation of voltage drop and wire sizes.
- 12 / 24v Domestic Circuit design, breakers, fuses, lighting, pumps
- 12 / 24v Engine room design, cable sizing, battery types and sizes, split charging.
- 240v Circuit Design
- Cable termination and labelling
- Practical circuit installation
- Testing and fault finding.
- Basic system design, components and requirements
- Types of pipework and fittings
- Practical Pipework
- Testing installation
As well as these subjects, time permitting, other relevant boat fitting subjects can be covered by request.